Tuesday, August 26, 2014

blog 1


Writing is the process of putting ones thoughts into words, whether its fiction or non-fiction. Writing is how many people express themselves. Many people can express their opinions for others to see through writing but are unable to verbally express these opinions. Some use writing as a way to protect themselves from ridicule if they submit a piece or opinion anonymously. A remix is a piece that stems from a previous piece of work but has new and different things added to it. To have a remix there must be a piece of work that comes before that is thought of as the original.  Yes, there is a connection between writing and remix. Many writings are probably remixes even if most people would not think of it as a remix. If an author is writing a research paper on a topic and he uses a previously written piece of work on that topic by changing the format of the information to fit into his paper it can technically be viewed as a remix of the original paper.  My expectations for this class is it to be a difficult course that makes me work hard and that with effort I can become a better writer.  I really hope that this course helps me become a better writer. In the past I have always struggled when it came to writing essays so I have avoided it whenever that seemed possible.  I also hope that when it comes to writing I will learn how to organize my thoughts better and come up with ideas for writing quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment