Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Post 1


Writing is a form of communication to express one’s ideas, opinions, and thoughts. It is a skill that is acquired through practice, which is achieved by referencing other pieces of literature. Out of the other types of communication, writing is the most formal and organized. It leaves a paper trail that can be preserved throughout time, thus creating and maintaining history. A remix is taking the derivative of one’s ideas and refining that piece by adding, subtracting and transforming your own perspective. Writing is a derivative of other concepts. No one really comes up with anything innovative. For ENC 1102, I expect this class to utilize the creative aspect of research. The video “Everything is a Remix” brings a new view that every great idea is from something. Someone just put the puzzle pieces together that were already there. Research isn’t about regurgitating facts to synthesize that given information.  This view on this class is what I look forward to. During high school, I didn’t know how to necessarily write research papers, we just did them.

No comments:

Post a Comment