For this final project, I plan on
creating an assemblage on the topic of animal captivity. Animals that live
under human care are in considered to be in captivity. Captivity can be used as
a generalizing term to describe the keeping of either domesticated animals or
wild animals. This may include farms, private homes, and zoos. Therefore, the
exigence that I chose to address is animal captivity. I am opposed to the idea
of animals being held under the rules and powers of humans, As humans, we do
not have a right to breed, capture, and confine other animals. Animals in
captivity suffer from stress, boredom, and confinement. My audience will be
animal lovers, as well as those that believe in rights for animals and those
against cruel and unfair treatment towards these animals. However, more
specifically I plan to limit this exigence to animal captivity in zoos. If I feel
the need to constrain even further, I will restrict my topic to either the
Miami Metro Zoo, one of the largest zoos in the country, or to Sea World. My
rhetorical assemblage will highlight the concept that animal captivity is unnatural
and inhumane. I plan on demonstrating this idea by creating something tangible,
such as a protest sign or graphic
drawn picture. If I choose to pursue one of these ideas, I will also create
something such as a commercial or YouTube video, since a large population views
these and I feel as though these will help to create an impact.
No comments:
Post a Comment