Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blog Post #10

I am a little concerned with this project. I get that we are making an assemblage of stuff to persuade an audience to do something, but im not clear on what size scale it has to be on. All of the examples were for worldwide or nationwide problems but I plan to ask if it can be on a small scale like person to person to persuade them to let you go somewhere or buy something. If it has to be on a large scale I do not really have any ideas yet, but I am thinking and trying to come up with a few. I have a few ideas for small scale persuasion though because I am in the process of trying to persuade my parents of a few things. One is trying to convince my Dad into letting me get a new boat, which that is the exigence. The audience would of course be my dad, and the constraints to that situation would be my mom, sister, me going to college, and me having sold my truck. As I have said I do not know if something like this is acceptable. A different idea on the same note is to persuade my parents to let me plan a vacation to the keys this summer. The audience this time would be both my parents. The constraints on this plan would be the cost of this trip, my sister thinking it be unfair I get to go on more vacations, and the fact I already have a few other travel plans between now and then. Both of these would be PowerPoint presentations. Although you might not think PowerPoint would be a likely form I use them to convince my parents whenever I want to get something from my parents that is expensive so it would be normal for me to use one. Also this project might very well help me because I will make it then actually use it on my parents to help me with one of these two things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment