For my final project I will create a rhetorical assemblage
on the subjugation of females as a result of street catcalls. A catcall is a
whistle, shout, or comment of a sexual nature to a woman passing by. Catcalls
transform women into sexual objects, applauding them for solely their physical
characteristics. Catcalls often make women feel uncomfortable and threatened. Also,
catcalls cause a digression in the fight for equality because the individual
being catcalled is looked at as an object to be possessed rather than an an
equal of society. Although men can be exposed to catcalling, women are often
the main targets of this vulgar act.
The exigence in my final project is the act of catcalling to
women. I am opposed to this act and believe the act defiles women’s bodies. I
am persuading people through a call to action to address the issues and make it
cease. The audience I am addressing is the male population. More specifically I
am addressing young men who perform the act of catcalling. I am considering
minimizing my audience to men in a certain area, such as New York City or even
Florida State University. My rhetorical assemblage will highlight reasons why
catcalling is unjust and degrading. Some constraints I can work with a
simplistic writing style as a constraint in order to reach a broader group of
people. I was thinking of making a public service announcement because the
general population watches television. Another constraint can be a tone of
urgency to emphasize the injustice and immediate need for change.
No comments:
Post a Comment