I had the idea of persuading my friends to listen to my favorite artist, Marina and the Diamonds, who's not very well known in mainstream culture. I would "burn" a CD of Marina and the Diamonds and create a different cover of her on the front of the case. The picture would be her of a split face of her brunette hair versus blonde personalities. In terms of multi-modality, the CD would be an audio element while the cover would be her name and face, which would be the visual elements. The exigence is my friends do not normally listen to indie music and I will try to convince them there are many different types of artists I would try to suppress or ate least try to change the idea of hipsters only listening to indie music. The audience is my group of friends, since they are probably more likely to listen to what I have to say versus just random people. The constraints are the pre-existing texts; I would use music blogs, previous music videos for comparisons, etc.
The exigence would be lack of funding for an invention; the audience would be investors; the idea is similar to the TV show Shark Tank where entrepreneurs try to persuade businessmen to find their inventions. Constraints include comparisons to other, more stable investments, donating money, or others who have experience in successful investments,
Another idea was the idea of changing the drinking age to 18 in the US. The audience would be lobbyists because they have more experience in persuasion with the government rather than a young person fueled by his somewhat carefree and ambitious attitude to change things. The constraints would be pre-existing texts; legalization of marijuana, and also the movie Footloose where music is banned from the town of Elmore City, Oklahoma due to religious persuasions against listening to rock music.
No comments:
Post a Comment