The genealogy project proves to be as difficult as it
sounded. Coming up with three ideas has
been extremely tough and I do not even know if all of them would work for the
project. My first idea starts with the
show Duck Dynasty. I would break down
the show and see how influences from previous works were combined to make the
show exactly how it is. One would be the
Louisiana background and how there are many shows before it that take place in
the Louisiana and Mississippi swamp area. Another is the bearded characters that
make up the show. Idea number two would
be the other style of paper, the bottom up approach. The semiotic unit is the
alien robot characters across multiple films and shows known as transformers. I
would show how they have transformed and evolved from movie to movie as time
goes on. One example would be from the original cartoon version of transformers
make notes of the characters then move to the newer movies and compare the similarities
and differences between the two. I could then follow that up with the series of
new transformers movies and show differences between the original and the new
ones that come in each movie. My third
idea is kind of broad still. I am not totally sure whether I should go top-down
or whether I should go bottom-up again but the main idea is a horror film and
how other movies before influenced what is scary in them or I could go bottom-up and find the
signature scary part that multiple movies have in common and show how they are
transformed from movie to movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment