Monday, September 1, 2014

Blog Post #1

         I think writing is a form of expression. It is a way to convey your feelings, passion, and even your creativity. For some people, writing serves as a therapeutic release. Poetry, songs, and novels all originate from writing down an essential idea. Writing gives people this amazing ability to express themselves in a form of words. A remix is something that is made by mixing an original with something new or different. I think there is a connection between writing and remixes because people don’t just pull ideas out of the air. Writing is a remix of a bunch of different ideas and thoughts from things seen or done in the past. I know when I write, I pull ideas from a bunch of things that have happened depending on the writing prompt. Our past experiences having to do with other writing assignments also help us critique and structure our writing.

            My expectations for this course are very typical. I expect this course to be somewhat challenging but then again achievable. I also expect this class to teach me new ways in doing things with writing. For example, I am very interested in this genealogy assignment. To be honest, writing is one of my least favorite things to do so I think this course will be good for me seeing how most of it is writing. I expect this class to enhance my writing skills and knowledge on writing. I hope to gain great writing skills and experience with new writing assignments. I also hope to gain insight into other forms of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment