Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Blog 5

            The semiotic unit I chose to write about in my genealogy paper was the Nike slogan ‘Just Do It.’ I plan to remediate this unit into a different medium that captures the attention of a different audience. I thought of three audiences; athletes, kids, and health trainers. The “Just Do It.” Slogan applies to these three audiences and will have a significant impact on them and understanding how the slogan has evolved over time and where its original origins come from.
            My first approach would be to the audience of athletes. To capture the audience of all types of athletes I figured I could remediate the project of ‘Just Do It’ into a magazine cover along with an article to go along with it. I would transform it into being a magazine for a sports magazine to advertise the genealogy of the Nike slogan and the importance of how it has become what it is today. Because Nike is so popular among athletes I feel like being the headliner of a sports magazine because many athletes enjoy reading about other sports related issues and understanding what is going on with them.
            My second approach would be to kids. As a kid, they love to look at photo collages and learn visually by looking at something and not necessarily having to read multiple pages on a topic. The best way to remediate the ‘Just Do It’ slogan would be through a photo collage that started from the beginning of how the slogan began and working its way to how much it has grown and become what it is today. I would start with a picture of the man where the idea of the three words came from, then incorporate the first commercial advertisement made, and build off from there into what it is today.

            My last approach would be that of health/athletic trainers. I would remediate my semiotic unit into a poster that looked somewhat like a timeline of the Nike slogan from the beginning of its existence into what it is today. Many trainers promote Nike and its products because they are always active and helping others and would love to hang up a poster of the genealogy of the very popular athletic wear to display in the gyms or their offices etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment