Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blog Post 2


When I was first thinking about what I would do for this project the aspect of technology immediately came to mind. With this idea I would center my essay around how over the years various forms of technology have advanced and it is different now than before. When my parents were younger they watched television in black and white on a huge, awkward, tube TV. Now we have flat screened, light-weight, digital TVs with color. These changes over time have made watching television a simpler, more enjoyable experience.

I then thought about doing my project on medical improvements. I would write about how in the old days when someone got shot in the arm they would usually have to have their arm amputated. These days they can numb the area or put you under anesthesia to sedate you then they surgically remove the bullet from your body.

 I chose not to do my project on medicine last minute though because I felt like I could write more on vampires and there are various texts to support the changes overtime with regard to how vampires are viewed. I read Dracula a few years ago and I’ve seen all the Twilight movies so I knew I could write a well-structured essay on them. I find it interesting how they are perceived so much differently today than in the olden days where people had legitimate fears of them and many people believed them to lurk the streets at night. Now we can be sure that they are no more than a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment