Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blog Post 2

When thinking about this genealogy essay my first thought was one that I spoke about in class; the Mickey Mouse character. There are several different ways I could go with this. The big thing that stands out are the physical things that have changed Mickey Mouse like how it went from black and white to having color and sound. Taking this approach would be very technical so I thought that maybe adding in why they decided on these changes and how the creator of Mickey Mouse thought these changes would influence the overall idea of youth and happiness and making dreams come true would be a nice thing to add in.
            My second idea, which is the one I’m leaning towards, is the idea of fairytales. I would take the approach of showing the difference in the three places they show up. The first place is in the show Once Upon A Time. Several princesses and fairytales show up in the show and sometimes they are shown as individual fairytales but most of the time these characters are interacting together and it’s played by actors. I can compare this show to the original tellings of fairytales or I can use the Disney version of these fairytales. Another place that I thought was interesting were in the editions of Grimm’s Fairytales. The twisted versions of the fairytales would make a good comparison.

            My last idea has to do with the song “We Will Rock You” by Queen. This legendary song has been used time and time again in commercials and sport rallies. Its also been transformed. For example the song “Rock Me” by One Direction uses the same beat but it’s slightly slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment