Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Blog Post #2

For this genealogy project I believe I will be using the popular phrase “Rock and Roll” and referring it to many sequential terms that derived from it or were what provided the phrase. 
            I plan to use the phrases “Rocking and rolling”, “rock bottom”, and the words “rocking chair”, “rock”, “stone”, “rocket” as well as “Dwayne the Rock Johnson” and see how they relate to one another and how they became to be so prominent in our language and culture.  I am also inclined to use novels and especially songs that find a meaning with this phrase. As I go along with my research for this project, I am sure that I will find more and more similarities and correlations to many other words and phrases, so I am not limiting myself to that list.
            When I came across this phrase I became very interested in seeing the correlation between the word rock as a verb and the word rock as a noun.  Which later pushed me to become interested in why a style of music that is so energetic, that causes movement to the body as someone is hearing it, could be the same word that refers to a hard stable object. 

            I am not exactly sure of what direction I am planning to take this paper in, simply because I keep discovering new connections and I would like to see all of my options before I make my final decision about what way the paper should be set up and written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment