Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Remediation


A remediation is the representation of one medium in another. For my next project I will be creating a remediation of my genealogy. My genealogy was based off of the concept of the “end of the world” brought up in the Holy Bible and described how this idea was reflected in texts such as the Mayan calendar and movies such as The Knowing and 2012. While thinking of ideas of a target audience for the remediation of my genealogy project, I came up with: a history class, a Bible study class, and bibliologists. I chose these audiences because they all relate to the topics that were addressed in my genealogy and made sense why these people would be interested and decide to read or look at my project. The Mayan calendar correlates with the History class, and the Bible study class and bibliology correlates with the subject of the Bible and the events that happened in the Bible (Revelations).  I am not sure how I will do my remediation. Ideas such as creating a video, a board, or collage showing the connections of the events that reflected off each other have come to mind but I want to create something that would be new and unique for my remediation. I think my overall project will be in a digital form. I will most likely find a way to create animations that are different but if I can’t find anything uniquely different and entertaining to do I will most likely create a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment