Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post 5

        Using South Park as my subject for my genealogy essay there are already several audiences that are limited for me to present to, namely small children. The first audience I thought of was my little brother’s eighth grade classmates, because that’s when I first started watching the show and I would have been interested in learning more technical stuff about it at that age. The project would be presented through a script written in the style of South Park but performed through a puppet show consisting of cut outs of the characters. This would work well because it would be very similar in style to the show, so it would not be introducing anything out of the ordinary to them, it would just feel like an episode of South Park.
        My second audience would be targeted towards members of my old high school’s film class, and to them this would be presented in a documentary. It is particularly difficult to get high school students interested in a documentary, however the subject being South Park attracts several people to it already because of how popular it is. A documentary I feel would work well because film students and high school students in general are more attracted to videos and movies as opposed to presentations and readings. This, coupled with the subject would be very interesting to them and would have them pay attention.

        The third audience I am considering going for is parents who are pro-censorship in television. This may sound like an odd group of people to target, however it is always more interesting and challenging to present something to a group of people who already have a predisposed opinion of what you are about to portray. I would present this through a series of interviews that I’d have recorded, asking people for their opinion on the show and how they feel about censorship. This would work well because it would allow them to see the other side of the argument without an aggressive argument or stance against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment